Virtual Tour of Nara the Ancient Capital of Japan <Live Streaming>
Nara was the capital of Japan from 710 to 794 when it was relocated to Kyoto, and the entire town is now registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site as "Historic Monuments of Ancient Nara". In the vast Nara Park where deer roam, there are historical temples and shrines such as Todaiji Temple where the Great Buddha is enshrined, Kofukuji Temple with many national treasures, and Kasuga Taisha Shrine with vivid vermilion. This is a virtual tour via ZOOM that allows you to experience the feeling of traveling in Nara while at home. An English-speaking guide will take you around the city of Nara while taking a walk, and you can enjoy the scenery of the beautiful city of Nara. This tour is livestream, so there is also time to enjoy a conversation with the guide. Have a nice livestream virtual tour of about 1 hour.
Days of Week
Log into Zoom meeting room
Date and time are shown in Japan Standard Time (GMT +9).
Notes and guidance for participation in the tour
Enjoy the scenery of Nara with the explanation of the guide.
[Places to visit during the tour] ・Sarusawa Pond : A small pond to the south of Nara Park. The scenery of the Kofukuji Five-storied Pagoda reflected on the surface of the water along with the surrounding trees is beautiful. ・Naramachi : An area with a historic townscape. Many houses from the Edo period are lined up on the narrow streets. ・Kofuku-ji Temple : There are many national treasures and important cultural properties in the precincts, and the five-storied pagoda is especially famous as a symbol of the ancient city of Nara. ・Nara Park : It is a spacious park of 660 hectares, and there are many historic buildings such as temples and shrines in the park. It is also famous for having about 1200 wild deer. ・Todai-ji Temple : Todaiji Temple is one of the largest wooden temples in the world and is famous for its Great Buddha. It was registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1998. The places to visit may change depending on the situation on the day of the tour.
Q & A time, free talk with guide
Schedule may be slightly different.
- Livestreaming from Nara, Japan
- English speaking online guide
- Q & A time, free talk with guide
What's Not Included
- Zoom Requirements (computer, smartphone, or tablet device), Zoom app, internet connectivity
- The price is per group (per device). If you want to use multiple PCs or smartphones, you need to make a reservation for the number of PCs and smartphones you use.
- No refund will be given after booking. However, if the tour is canceled due to bad weather or unavoidable circumstances, the tour price will be refunded in full.
- The meeting link and password of ZOOM will be sent to your email one day prior to the tour.