Virtual Tour of Kyoto Arashiyama Area in Japan <Live Streaming>
Kyoto was the capital of Japan for over 1,000 years from 794 to 1868. There are many shrines and temples, historic sites, and old townscapes in Kyoto, some of which are registered as UNESCO World Heritage Sites as "Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto". This tour starts from Togetsukyo Bridge, the gateway to the Arashiyama area, and heads to Kimono Forest at Arashiyama Station while enjoying the scenery of the old townscape, old buildings in the temple, and shrines. This is a virtual tour via ZOOM that allows you to experience the feeling of traveling in Kyoto while at home. An English-speaking guide will take you around the city of Kyoto while taking a walk, and you can enjoy the scenery of the beautiful city of Kyoto. This tour is livestream, so there is also time to enjoy a conversation with the guide. Have a nice livestream virtual tour of about 1 hour.
Days of Week
Log into Zoom meeting room
Date and time are shown in Japan Standard Time (GMT +9).
Notes and guidance for participation in the tour
Enjoy the scenery of Kyoto with the explanation of the guide.
[Places to visit during the tour] ・Togetsukyo Bridge : The current bridge was completed in 1934. The piers are made of reinforced concrete, but the balustrade part is made of Japanese cypress and is designed to blend in with the scenery of Kyoto. ・Tenryuji Temple : This temple was built in 1339 and is registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site as "Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto". ・Bamboo Forest Street : Around the 200-meter promenade in this bamboo forest, tall bamboo is planted so that the sky cannot be seen, so it feels as if you are going through a bamboo tunnel. ・Sagano : The Sagano area, which borders the north side of the Arashiyama area, has a peaceful landscape and many places related to history and literature. ・Nonomiya Shrine : It is a small shrine in the middle of Bamboo Forest Street. ・Arashiyama Kimono Forest : At Arashiyama Station, there are about 600 cylinder pillars with colorful kimono patterns that are about 2 meters high. The places to visit may change depending on the situation on the day of the tour.
Q & A time, free talk with guide
Schedule may be slightly different.
- Livestreaming from Kyoto, Japan
- English speaking online guide
- Q & A time, free talk with guide
What's Not Included
- Zoom Requirements (computer, smartphone, or tablet device), Zoom app, internet connectivity
- The price is per group (per device). If you want to use multiple PCs or smartphones, you need to make a reservation for the number of PCs and smartphones you use.
- No refund will be given after booking. However, if the tour is canceled due to bad weather or unavoidable circumstances, the tour price will be refunded in full.
- The meeting link and password of ZOOM will be sent to your email one day prior to the tour.